Language Loaded Books
Above/Below Up Above and Down Below Redding, S. In Big Red Tub Jarman, J. In Peek in My Pocket Carter, D. In/OutTen in the Bed Cabrera, J. On Never Too Little To Love Willis, J. & Fearnley, J. On Spider on the Floor Raffi On The Flea’s Sneeze Downey, L. On The Napping House Wood, A. On/OffFroggy Gets Dressed London, J. Over The Bear Went Over The Mountain Wells, R. Prepositions Can't Catch a Butterfly Zimmerman, M. PrepositionsMuncha! Muncha! Muncha! Fleming, C. PrepositionsSkippyjon Jones: Up and Down Schachner, J. PrepositionsUp, Down, All Around: Learning About OppositesMitter, M. PrepositionsWe’re Going on a Bear Hunt Rosen, M. & Oxenbury, H. Top/BottomTops & Bottoms Stevens, J. Under There's an Alligator under My Bed Mayer, M. Under Under the Ground Milbourne, A. & Riglietti, S. Under Who’s Under That Hat? Carter, D. Under/Down/Far/Up/Near/Through Discovery Travel Pack:Peep and the Big Wide World Galvin, L. Up/Down Up, Up, Down! Munsch, R.
- Read a zoo theme book such as Dear Zoo or Put Me in the Zoo. Then, let students decorate a large box to resemble a cage. Students can take turns playing zoo keepers and animals while going in/out of the cage!
- Snack: Take snacks/napkins, etc. out of containers and pour juice out of pitchers.
- Build a tent out of a sheet and a table. Go camping under the table!
- Build an ant farm. Watch the ants working under ground!
- Make "dirt" (chocolate pudding with chocolate cookie crumbs). Talk about the plants and animals you can find under ground!
- Plant carrots in a Plexiglas container. Talk about the roots (carrots) growing under ground.
- Play with toy bridges. Make cars, boats and other various toys go under the bridge
- Play! Crawl under tables, chairs or playground equipment.
- Put a hat on each child and take turns describing who is under the hat!
- Make "under/over" soup! Pick a variety of vegetables and talk about where they grow!
- Make an obstacle course! Set up a variety of objects to jump over!
- Play with a large parachute! Practice running under and jumping over the parachute!
Website designed by Literacy Speaks!® Copyright 2009