Initial kKaty No-PocketPayne, E. Initial kKiki's Blanki Bynum, J. Initial kKiss, Kiss Wild, M. & Stevens-Marzo, B. Initial kLove and Kisses Wilson, S. Initial kThe Hershey's Kisses Addition Book Pallotta, J. Initial kWhen Kangaroo Goes to School Levitin, S. Final kAcross the Stream Ginsburg, M. Final kBook, Book, Book Bruss, D. Final kDo Like a Duck Does! Hindley, J. Final kDuck in the Truck Alborough, J. Final kDuck on a Bike Shannon, D. Final kFive Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake Christelow, E. Final kFix-it Duck Alborough, J. Final kMy Truck is Stuck! Lewis, K. Final k Not a Stick Portis, A. Final kOink! Moo! How Do You Do? MacCarone, G. Final kPeek-a-Moo! Toress-Cimarusti, M. Final k Pink! Rickards, L.
- Hop like a kangaroo. Let the students wear fanny packs and search for objects/pictures that begin with the letter 'k'
- Kick a can and make ice cream!
1/2 cup milk or cream 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 tablespoon sugar 4 cups crushed ice 4 tablespoons salt 1 gallon size Zip-loc freezer bag 1 gallon size coffee can Mix the milk, vanilla and sugar together in the freezer bag. Seal tightly, remove as much air as possible from the bag. Place the bag inside the coffee can and fill the can with ice, then sprinkle salt on top. Tape the lip closed with duct tape to ensure a tight fit. Then, kick the can for five to eight minutes to make ice cream!
- Make a kangaroo named "Katie" out of construction paper. Cut a slit for a pouch and attach a bag behind the slit. Place objects that begin with a /k/ sound into the pouch
- Make a letter 'k' with Kix cereal
- Make and fly a kite... Glue 'k's on the tail
- Take a kaleidoscope walk!
- Add kernels of field corn or pop corn for scooping or pouring!
- Hide the King's jewels in the kernels of corn!
Website designed Literacy Speaks!® Copyright 2009